2.12.2011

Germs on Parade

T.J. and I both wanted to go the gym this morning.  We had a full day, and it would make sense that we would go to the gym all together.  As a family.

But... no.  I had huge hesitations.  That would mean putting Silver in the nursery.  On a Saturday?  Um... I just don't know about that.  There are babies with kids all the way up to age 10 in the nursery.  All in the same room... We're in the midst of flu season.  It's like Germapalooza in there.

We have been so blessed with Silver only having a cold so far, while T.J. and I have both been sick (thank goodness for breastfeeding so she can get my antibodies).  Despite her healthiness, I feel certain that if I take her to the gym, on Monday she will definitely be coming down with something.

T.J. thinks I'm insane.  And maybe I am.  Okay, he says, we'll just never leave the house.  Then he brings up a great point - but babe, he says, we check her in the nursery at church every Sunday.

And we do.  And I feel completely okay with that and confident in our decision.  Is it because I know most of the babies who might have the cooties and that makes it okay?  Is it because she's only with other little people of about the same age?  I don't know.  But what I do know is that I realized Silver couldn't go to the gym anyway, because it was time for her nap.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment