2.20.2011

So I'm a Crunchy Mom

I hadn't really been sure what the word "crunchy" meant in terms of parenting, but have heard it quite a bit.  I did some research today and discovered that the world apparently fits me pretty perfectly.

The Urban Dictionary definition for Crunchy Mama:

Mother who supports homebirth, breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, gentle discipline, etc.  One who questions established medical authority; tends to be vegetarian and/or prepare all-organic foods.  See crunchy and hippie.

That crunchy mama is breastfeeding in public again!


Hmm... Pretty right on!  Maybe that's what I should have named the blog... I had a hard time committing to something.  I think how they used it in a sentence is kinda funny though and I wonder if people have thought that about me since I don't hesitate to nurse Silver wherever, whenever.  Oh well.  More on the "tends to be vegetarian" bit tomorrow.

Jealous that I didn't come up with this awesomeness,
but will probably be reading her blog now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment