3.25.2011

Who Knew I Was a Prefold Gal...

What people fail to realize when I tell them I use cloth diapers on Silver, is that the process has evolved quite a bit over the years.  There are no safety pins.  I don't spray my diapers in the toilet.  And there is even velro (aka hook and loop).  We rented our diapers in the beginning and my hubby and I were drawn towards pocket diapers.  These can probably be the most similar to disposables.  You just put the stuffin' in and go.  Great for grandmas.  Great for babysitters.  Great for outings.  The future of cloth.  However, due to my apparent addiction to cloth diapers (in that we totally have enough to function but I still can't seem to resist the newest thing that comes out or cute pattern), and because I needed a better overnight solution (we were combating leaks...) I have recently discovered my love for good old fashioned prefolds.  This is when you lay a folded piece of fabric into a diaper cover and then reuse the cover a couple of times before  you have to wash it.  And... I tell you, it pretty much rocks.  While it wouldn't be my favorite while we're out and about, I very much love it while we're in, which is a lot of the time.  And especially for naps and overnight.  Essential for overnight.  It just seems to catch the pee a little quicker I suppose.  And a lot more of it.  But how cute are these?  How could I possibly resist?  I originally went gender friendly in my purchases, but have since let go.  I mean, these are just too adorable to say no to... :)

Thirsties - Alice Brights 
Weehuggers - Flower Child

And, I just felt like I needed to share this because it is cute and hilarious...!

No comments:

Post a Comment