4.22.2011

The Great Cloth Diaper Change

Silver and I celebrated Earth Day by participating in The Great Cloth Diaper Change!

On Saturday, April 23rd, 2011 at 11 am, we helped set the world record for the most cloth diapers changed at one time!  Crazy right?!  And completely random... But we were there, along with 105 other Oklahomans.

This is us, front and center!
Photo by Melanie Webb Photography
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Melanie-Webb-Photography/108752999191058
In the two minutes it took for everyone to change their children, 120,000 disposable diapers were thrown away in the United States and Canada... That's a ton of diapers in our landfill. I can't wait to hear how many total people participated in The GCDC across the world.

After the event was over there were some giveaways.  And who one $100 worth of free stuff?  This girl!  It. Was. AWESOME!!!  I won a goodie bag (I could have gotten one if I had preregistered but didn't preregister because I didn't think I could come to the event...silly for not doing it anyway, but so blessed to win - I would have been disappointed in myself otherwise!)  It had all kinds of awesome stuff - coupons, free samples of cloth diaper soap, an adorable hair bow...  All kinds of amazingness. My name got to stay in the hat for the actual door prizes, and I was shocked to win a ring sling from The Green Bambino!  HOORAY!  I just so happened to be wearing a ring sling when I won their prize, so the owner said I could come in and exchange it for something else if I wanted.  It had a $88 value!!!  Couldn't believe it.

Here's a link to an article about The Great Cloth Diaper Change in Oklahoma City.

No comments:

Post a Comment