6.22.2011

Carrot and Bean Cakes

These reminded me a lot of the Oatmeal and Bean Waffles but were WAY easier for me to make.  Will be doing them again soon.

Found the recipe on Homemade-Baby-Food-Recipes.com

Carrot and Bean Cakes

4 oz (1/2 cup) cooked, mashed carrot
8 oz (1 cup) cannellini beans (or other white beans), mashed well
1 garlic clove, crushed
4 tbsp flour
olive oil

Mix the carrot puree with the mashed beans, garlic and flour.
Form the mixture into little patties with your hands - if the mixture is too moist, add a little more flour.
Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan/skillet.
Fry the patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden.
Serve with applesauce for dipping!

These were great and Silver loved them!  I omitted the garlic b/c I thought it might be too much flavor, although next time I think I'll do it b/c there wasn't a lot of flavor to them.

Also, I used spelt flour and think it turned out okay.  These cooked up a lot differently than the Oatmeal and Bean Waffles - much less hearty.  Probably easier for Silver to eat too.  I tried some in the waffle maker but think they did better as pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment