5.07.2011

Oatmeal and Bean Waffles

Some of the moms in my mom's group have raved about their little ones loving these waffles/pancakes, so I had to give it a go.  I made waffles and Silver loved them!  :)

Oatmeal and Bean Pancakes

1 cup beans, soaked overnight in plain water (I used black beans)
1 2/3 cups water
1 tablespoon agave nectar
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
1/2 teaspoon salt (I left the salt out)
1 1/3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
I added a handful of spinach

Place all ingredients except the oats in a blender and blend for 90 seconds on high speed. Add the oats and blend for 1 minute.

Use a little oil or non-stick spray - cook in waffle maker.

We ate one and froze the rest!

2 comments:

  1. did you put anything on top? were they hearty or sweet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't put anything on top... But someday maybe a bit of peanut butter might be good we're just not there yet. She loved them plain though! They did have a surprising sweetness and were quite good. I've gotten into the frozen ones now and they are every bit as tasty as the fresh ones were.

    ReplyDelete