7.07.2011

Mother's Day Out, Or Maybe We Should Just Stay In...

I finally decided I was ready to send the munchkin off to Mother's Day Out about a month ago.  With Silver still not being such a great sleeper (including during nap time), I need some time to get stuff done!

So the search of finding the best Mother's Day Out program began.  A few were recommended to me by friends.  I researched and began to sort through them deciding on three that sounded like a good fit for us.  I contacted them and of course they were all full...  So I got us on the waiting list.

Imagine my surprise when last week I received an email stating that one of them had an opening - HOORAY!  So excited and feeling like we totally lucked out in getting a spot.

Today I visited the MDO and picked up the application and information.  While I was there the sweet director showed me the room.  And this is where my hesitations kicked into overdrive.

The room was about the size of Silver's bedroom and there were somehow 8 little tiny people crammed in there with 2 adults.  Which I'm sure, come fall, will be Germapalooza at it's finest.  Not to mention that I came during lunchtime.  What was on their high chairs?  PIZZA.  Freaking pizza from Pizza Hut for one year olds.

Now I know I do things a little differently.  But this was just too much for me.  I really seriously just couldn't believe it.  I know that Silver will be exposed to some germs whether I'm ready or not, and I know she'll eventually eat stuff I might wish that she didn't, but for today, right now, in this moment, I feel a distinct sense of no freaking way.  Get my kid outta there.

Later I read in the guide book that you typically bring your own lunch but since it was summer they did different fun activities, like pizza.  And I don't mean to judge the pizza, it will eventually happen, I know it.  I guess I'm either just not ready or just too entirely judgmental for Mother's Day Out.  Which very well could be the case.  After I left I got onto the other two MDO websites to compare.  One of them has all the age groups in one giant room that is merely separated by furniture... How in the world is that going to work?!  Especially for my non-napper?!  I'm not crossing it off the list just yet, but let's hope we hear from MDO #3...

No comments:

Post a Comment